I’m an experienced Product Manager, based in Dublin (Ireland). I’m building the next generation of embedded mobile experiences for Zendesk, a company that creates thoughtful software to help people build relationships with their customers.
Over the years I’ve been called many things, and built a broad set of skills. Today I’m a Product Manager, but I’ve been Director, Programme Manager, Project Manager, Business Analyst, Incident Manager, Design Lead, and more.
All these roles have some things in common; I worked with and mentored amazing people, put relationships with (and learnings from) my customers and users first, I was able to solve complex problems in meaningful ways, and I was challenged enough to learn something new every time. That’s what I love to do.
Zendesk (Oct 2015 to date)
Product Manager for Mobile SDKs, Zendesk's developer toolkits for mobile apps. I set a new vision and strategy for the SDKs, and saw significant growth in usage and adoption year on year.
King (Jun 2014 to Oct 2015)
Director of Service Improvement in King's Customer Operations team, responsible for process design/improvement, self-service tools, in-house technology, and VIP strategy.
ThoughtWorks (Nov 2013 to May 2014)
Business Analyst, focusing on digitising paper processes and coaching others on agile ways of working.
Accenture (Oct 2007 to Nov 2013)
Manager in the Financial Services practice, focused on regulatory compliance. I had a breadth of experience across business process design, software delivery, and infrastructure for several retail and investment banks.
In the wild.
Some of the things I have worked on are available publicly. Here are a few!
After working in software delivery (back end, web, mobile), infrastructure delivery (data and voice networks), and in process design, I can say this: I've seen things.
- People management and development
- Data driven decision-making
- Product and solution design, development, and delivery (software, infrastructure)
- Process design and change
- Cultural change
- Programme and project management (planning, hiring, finance, reporting etc)
- Project recovery (getting back on track)
- Workshop design and facilitation
- Customer support techniques and best practices
- Communications planning and reporting
- Test planning and execution
- Defect and incident management
- Training development
- Working methodology coaching in agile and waterfall