I’m an experienced Product Manager, based in Dublin (Ireland). I'm Product Manager for APIs, Integrations, and Syndication at NewsWhip, a company that works with some of the biggest newsrooms and brands in the world to help them build data-driven content strategies.
In the wild.
Some of the things I have worked on are available publicly. Here are a few!
NewsWhip (Oct 2017 to present)
NewsWhip uses sophisticated prediction technology to analyse web content and understand how it will perform. Improve your content strategy by slicing and dicing to understand what gains traction, what your audience will love, and what aligns closely with your goals. Customers include the likes of the Associated Press, Washington Post, Time Inc, Condé Nast, MTV, Reebok, and Edelman.
In a short time I've been able to launch products that are already responsible for significant annual recurring revenue, as well as building a compelling new developer-focused roadmap for 2018.
Zendesk (Oct 2015 to Sep 2017)
Product Manager for Mobile SDKs, Zendesk's developer toolkits for mobile apps. I built a new vision and strategy for the SDKs, and saw significant growth in usage and adoption year on year.
King (Jun 2014 to Oct 2015)
Director of Service Improvement in King's Customer Operations team, responsible for process design/improvement, self-service tools, in-house technology, and VIP strategy.
ThoughtWorks (Nov 2013 to May 2014)
Business Analyst, focusing on digitising paper processes and coaching others on agile ways of working.
Accenture (Oct 2007 to Nov 2013)
Manager in the Financial Services practice, focused on regulatory compliance. I had a breadth of experience across business process design, software delivery, and infrastructure for several retail and investment banks.
After working in software delivery (back end, web, mobile), infrastructure delivery (data and voice networks), and in process design, I can say this: I've seen things.
- People management and development
- Data driven decision-making
- Product and solution design, development, and delivery (software, infrastructure)
- Process design and change
- Cultural change
- Programme and project management (planning, hiring, finance, reporting etc)
- Project recovery (getting back on track)
- Workshop design and facilitation
- Customer support techniques and best practices
- Communications planning and reporting
- Test planning and execution
- Defect and incident management
- Training development
- Working methodology coaching in agile and waterfall