In King's words:
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games.
We have developed more than 200 fun titles, and offer games that are enjoyed all around the world.
Our franchises include Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 342 million monthly active users as of first quarter 2017 across web, social and mobile platforms.
TL;DR - Key Facts
Pioneered reusable in-game player support tech.
Served 500,000 players with self-service Q&A site, King Care, each day.
Process improvement and tech change to bring 1 hour response times for VIPs.
Shift from 'requirement and request' processes to use agile ways of working.
Service Improvement Director
Apr 2015 - Oct 2015
As Director, I reported progress to our C-level staff with the Senior Director, launched several key initiatives, and continued to work with the team to iterate on our existing work. For example:
- Ran a series of high value experiments, which were used as inputs for building a strategy for managing VIP players.
- Launched the 'voice of the player' tool company-wide, bringing player insights to all of our studios.
- Performed analysis and process design for using machine learning to better segment our players and automate parts of the support process.
Service Improvement Manager
Feb 2015 - Apr 2015
I became the lead of the Service improvement team, taking on line management responsibility for Business Analysts and the team's Project Manager. In addition:
- Started a broad process analysis and improvement effort.
- Built reusable in-game support tools to be used by King's studios.
- Started sharing support reports broadly across the company.
- Instigated a social media support programme.
- Implemented the Zendesk Support tool for servicing our players.
Jun 2014 - Feb 2015
As one of the early members of the Customer Operations Service Improvement team, I implemented agile working practices and championed them for use in the broader support team, led projects to improve email workflow and build new self-service tools, and worked with our Engineering team to enhance existing tools.
I also worked on the team that launched Candy Crush in China, working with Tencent to help them build their player support operations in Shenzen.